Now that you have seen how the menus work, you are ready to start creating content in Confluence. Let's begin by adding a new space.
- Log in to Confluence, if you are not logged in already, by clicking the 'Log In' link at the top right of your Confluence screen.
- Right-click the 'Dashboard' link at the top left of your screen and open the link in a new browser window.
Hint: Perform the rest of these instructions in the new browser window.
- Your Confluence Dashboard appears in the new window. On the left of the screen is a list of spaces. (The Demonstration Space will be one of those spaces.)
- Click the 'Create a space' link, located below the list.
- The 'Create Space' screen appears.
- In the 'Enter a Space Name' box, type a name for your new space. You may want to use your department name (e.g. 'IT', 'Finance' or 'Marketing') or a name that identifies the purpose of the space (e.g. 'Test Space').
- In the 'Enter a Space Key' box, type a short abbreviation of the space name (e.g. 'IT' or 'TEST').
- Under 'Who can use this space', all the boxes are ticked. You don't need to change anything at this time. For information about space permissions, please see the documentation.
- Under 'Choose Theme', the 'Default Theme' is selected. Keep the Default Theme for now. For information about themes, please see the documentation.
- Click the 'OK' button, located at the bottom of the screen.
- The home page of your new space appears.